some_text

ed on his Twitter account.He wrote: If u dont

in General Discussion Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:31 pm
by sakura698 • 46 Posts

KEY BISCAYNE, Fla. Jordan Zimmermann Jersey . - Even with his surgically repaired back still nowhere near perfect, defending champion Andy Murray needed only 73 minutes to beat Jo-Wilfried Tsonga 6-4, 6-1 at the Sony Open on Tuesday and set up a quarterfinal with Novak Djokovic. "My game is getting there," said Murray, the No. 6 seed, who acknowledged he was dealing with a sore back. "The last six sets Ive played, very high-level tennis, very few errors." Hell need to keep it that way against Djokovic, who eased past Tommy Robredo 6-3, 7-5. The second-seeded Djokovic even gave back a point in the second set. A groundstroke from Robredo clipped the baseline and Djokovic couldnt handle it, but the ball was erroneously called out. After a review showed the ball was in, the point was ordered to be replayed. Djokovic shouted "Its OK, its OK" as the fans applauded his sportsmanship. "For me, its something that is part of the sport, fair play," Djokovic said. "I expect everybody else to do the same. Of course, not everybodys the same, but for me, thats something thats normal. Just a normal, natural reaction." Top-seeded Rafael Nadal downed 14th-seeded Fabio Fognini 6-2, 6-2. Nadal has dropped a total of nine games in six sets so far in this tournament. Singles players with a combined 66 Grand Slam victories were in action Tuesday, including Roger Federer — a winner of 17 of them himself. And he looked very much like the Federer of old, needing only 49 minutes to beat ninth-seeded Richard Gasquet 6-1, 6-2. "Look, things went well out on the court today," Federer said, clearly understating matters. Federer, the No. 5 seed, had 25 winners to Gasquets eight, converted five of his six break chances and won 92 per cent of his first-serve points in the second set. Next up for Federer is 20th-seeded Kei Nishikori, who upset No. 4 David Ferrer 7-6 (7), 2-6, 7-6 (9). Ferrer had beaten Nishikori in the same round at Key Biscayne a year ago, their most recent meeting before Tuesday. No. 22 Alexandr Dolgopolov of the Ukraine also pulled off an upset, topping third-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka 6-4, 3-6, 6-1 to reach the quarterfinals. The last American in the mens draw was ousted when 10th-seeded John Isner lost to No. 7 seed Tomas Berdych 6-3, 7-5. On the womens side, Maria Sharapova rallied from a break down in the first set to oust Petra Kvitova 7-5, 6-1 and earn a spot in the semifinals. Shes been a finalist at Key Biscayne five times, but never the champion. "I love the energy here," she said. The fourth-seeded Sharapova, who needed three-setters to get through her two most recent matches at Key Biscayne, feasted on 30 unforced errors by the eighth-seeded Kvitova. Sharapova won 11 of the final 13 games and moved into a semifinal matchup with Serena Williams, the defending champion who won 62 of 100 points in her 6-2, 6-2 romp over fifth-seeded Angelique Kerber. Williams broke Kerber twice in each set, faced only one break point and held a more than 2-to-1 advantage in winners. "When youre playing champions, you like to play your best," Williams said. "She always gives me her best. ... I love playing her. I really do. It doesnt matter what surface. Shes one of my favourite people to play." Sharapova said she was eager to face Williams again. "Its no secret that shes been a big challenge of mine, an opponent that obviously I would love to beat," Sharapova said. Also, former No. 1 Martina Hingis teamed with Sabine Lisicki to reach the doubles quarterfinals. And foot and vehicle traffic outside the tennis centre was briefly halted during the night session when a suspicious backpack was found near the main gate, but Miami-Dade police responded and quickly determined there was no threat. Ronny Rodriguez Jersey . Hes had three top-10 results this season and feels ready to put it all together and finally hoist a trophy at the top level. Charlie Maxwell Jersey https://www.cheaptigers.com/999z-matthew-boyd-jersey-tigers.html . Jamies number grades given are out of five, with five being the best mark. Henrik Lundqvist, New York Rangers (4) – He had a strong game Sunday; was very good in tight with big saves on Crosby, Malkin and Neal in-crease.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Buffalo Bills safety Aaron Williams isnt backing away from his criticism of NFL officials, and doesnt care if it costs him.I dont care if I do get fined, Williams told The Associated Press on Monday. I speak the way I feel, and thats the way I feel.Williams took issue with a fist bump between two officials after Denver running back C.J. Anderson scored his second of three touchdowns in the Broncos 24-17 win on Sunday.After the game, Williams expressed his displeasure on Twitter, by accusing the officials of teaming up with the Broncos.Williams linked a video of the fist bump and wrote: No excuse for my performance but we cant win playing 16 vs 11 thought I seen it all Smh (shake my head).Williams was referring to the number of on-field officials, though there are actually seven and not five at NFL games.The league had no problem with the gesture, which came after line judge John Hussey and umpire Carl Paganelli consulted to determine whether Anderson had crossed the goal line before his knee was down.It was an acknowledgement of good mechanics between the two officials involved in making the call, NFL spokesman Michael Signora said.The loss was a costly one for the Bills (7-6), who fell to the fringes of a jumbled AFC playoff picture. As a result of tie-breaking formulas, Buffalo ranks 11th in the standings with three games left.The Bills host Green Bay on Sunday.Coach Doug Marrone has seen the video of the fist bump and is aware of the NFLs explanation of what happened. He declined to provide his opinion by saying thats something he will address with the league.What bothered Marrone is how his and the players frustrations spilled over during the game.Marrone was unhappy with several calls. And defensive end Jerry Hughes was penalizeed for unsportsmanlike conduct for arguing with an official over a pass-interference penalty against teammate Stephon Gilmore in the second quarter. Sparky Anderson Jersey. It starts with me, Marrone said. We cant have that in order to win games. Whats done is done, and whatever it may be, you need to move on and keep your focus. Ive got to do a better job of that. Thats my responsibility.Hughes was benched by defensive line coach Pepper Johnson for much of the final 2 1/2 quarters. Marrone said he was not aware of Hughes benching until after the game.Williams wasnt the only Bills player to complain about the officiating or the fist bump.Cornerback Corey Graham, on Monday, took a more diplomatic approach by saying the officials celebration wasnt a good look, but he understood what prompted it.I saw it. I dont think it was nothing crazy as far as Happy that they scored a touchdown, Graham said. It was more of probably just, We got that one right.Cornerback Nickell Robey was penalized for illegal contact after quarterback Peyton Manning missed a pass to Wes Welker in the end zone on third and 6 at the Bills 19. Replays were inconclusive as to whether Robey interfered with Welker during his route.Two plays later, the Broncos opened the scoring on Andersons 6-yard run.Following the game, Robey took exception in a note posted on his Twitter account.He wrote: If u dont like physicality go ref a basketball or tennis game. I dont care (hashtag)nfl (hashtag)refs.Robey didnt make himself available to reporters on Monday.___AP National Writer Eddie Pells, in Denver, contributed to this story.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL___(Previous versions of this story incorrectly quoted Corey Graham. He said We got that one right, not none.) ' ' '

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 1 Guest are online.

We welcome our newest member: geeta200147
Board Statistics
The forum has 49 topics and 55 posts.